1 packet of Prairie Seeds
Each pack contains 50+ seeds and planting instructions.
Varieties with art seed packs include
- Butterfly Weed
- Bee Balm
- Blackeyed Susan
- Lance Leaf Coreopsis
Varieties with plan packs
- Purple Coneflower
- Mountain Mint and Beard's tongue mix
These seeds are organin, pesticide and neonicatinoide free.
These seeds have been kept in refrigeration, but may still need cold stratification to help germinate.
Easy Ten Step Cold Stratification: Cold StratifiWHAT?
Milkweed, like many prairie plants needs a time of cold and moisture to make it sprout. This process mimics the conditions of winter. My method of waiting to plant only the sprouted seeds saves you the time and disappointment of planting duds. It’s easy and only takes a few moments. This method can be used for any seed needing cold stratification.
- Place seeds on half of damp coffee filter/ paper towel.
- Fold in half
- Place in plastic bag, then in dark box or container.
- Store in fridge or minimum 2 weeks. 1 month preferred.
- Remove bag from Fridge, but don’t open
- Wait three days
- Check if any seeds are sprouting- Plant those indoors
- Check every day for newly sprouting seeds and plant them.
- Wait for baby milkweeds to grow their third set of leaves.
- Plant outdoors in mid spring, and water well for first two weeks